Here are a few suggestions to help you plan your storage stay.
• Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walkways
• Inventory your stored items and keep the list in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box. Take pictures or videos of your valuables and record serial numbers.
• Do not store anything combustible such as paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.
• Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Keep the weight of your boxes to about 25 or 30 lbs.
• List contents of boxes on all four sides, number the boxes, seal them with tape.
• Dishes, glasses, and mirrors should be wrapped in air cushioning bubbles.
• Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, nick-knacks and small items.. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
• Utilize shrink wrap or non stick tape to keep doors, drawers, etc., in place while moving without damage to any finish.
• Sofas and loveseats can be stored on end to save floor space. Place a protective cover, cardboard or storage mat under the item on the concrete.
• Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
• When disassembling furniture put screws, and small parts into a zip lock bag and tape it inside a drawer, or somewhere on the item that the parts belong to so they do not get lost or separated.
• Insure your goods while in storage either on your current policy by contacting your agent, or purchasing a policy from the storage facility IF ITS WORTH STORING, ITS WORTH INSURING.